work experience program
Habitat’s Work Experience program allows you to help families in your community gain access to affordable homeownership while you learn transferable skills to strengthen your resume.
Work Experience Volunteers commit to 80 hours over a 3-month period in our ReStores. Upon completion you will receive a certificate to include in your resume. This certificate details the hours you volunteered, tasks completed, and includes comments about your work ethic, communication skills, and punctuality.
ReStores sell new and gently-used building materials and home improvement items that have been generously donated by the public. There are four locations in Edmonton. Learned skills may include: visual merchandising, product knowledge, and customer service.
- All personal protective equipment (PPE)
- All tools, equipment, and lunch
- Hands-on training
What does Habitat require of me?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A great attitude and willingness to learn
- A firm commitment to shifts
- Be able to lift and move heavy items
- Spend the majority of the day on one’s feet, standing, squatting, bending
- Conversation English (LINC 5)
Interested in a volunteer opportunity?
Take the first step in our registration process